Study the Boy Scout Handbook and the Camping merit badge pamphlet, and demonstrate to your Scoutmaster or
other qualified person the following:
- Show that you have earned the Totin' Chip.
- Help a Scout or patrol earn the Totin' Chip, and demonstrate to him (them) the value of proper woods-tools use on a troop camping trip.
- With official approval and supervision, do one of the following:
- Clear trails or fire lanes for two hours.
- Trim a downed tree, cut into four-foot lengths, and stack; make a brush with branches.
- Build a natural retaining wall or irrigation way to aid in a planned conservation effort.
The Paul Bunyan Woodsman award patch is not for uniform wear and should only be affixed to a blanket or backpack.
Contact the Durham Scout Center for more information at 402.431.9BSA (9272).