Home    |   Community Service    |   Join Scouting    |   Contact Us
What Are Camp Cards?

Camp cards is a program meant to help get more kids to go to camp – for FREE! The purpose is to alleviate financial stress from families and units so that more kids can go to camp and receive the unparalleled experiences that Scout camp is known for. Revenue from the camp card sales is directed back into the Mid-America Council camping programs.

The camp card offers are tailored to one of five regions: SW Iowa, NW Iowa, Upper Middle Iowa, Nebraska, and Omaha-metro.

You asked for it and we're giving it to you. You want the camp card to have value, and we have brought in top notch vendors this year. A list of vendors for 2017 will be available soon!

Camp Card Commitment 2017

The deadline has been extended until 8 a.m. on Wednesday, February 8th, to commit to selling camp cards!Cards will be handed out at the March 2017 Roundtable.

2017 Camp Card Leader's Guide & Report Form

the 2017 Camp Card Leader's Guide will be available soon!


Camp Card FAQ's

When can I get the Camp Cards?
Cards will be available for pick up at your March Roundtable.

Where can I sell the Cards?
Camp Cards can be sold just like popcorn. Think of creative places to sell them.

  • Store Fronts: Grocery Stores, Hardware Stores, near vendors on the cards
  • Door to Door
  • Mom and Dad’s work
  • School
  • Church
  • At your own sporting events
Please remember if you are setting up a store front, or a table display, ask for permission from the establishment you are selling at beforehand. It’s always nice to leave a thank you note as well.

When can I sell Camp Cards?
Camp Cards sales start March 1, 2017. Cards and money must be turned into the office no later than Friday, May 12, 2017.

How does the commission work?

The 2017 Camp Card commission is 50% if your unit is paid in full by Friday, May 12, 2017.

We encourage units to track Scouts’ sales so Scouts can pay for summer camp with Camp Card proceeds; however, it is up to the unit to elect to do this, we understand the unit may have another goal.

How does my Scout get free camp?
A Scout must sell a certain amount of cards in order to receive free camp.

Camp Incentives

Camp   Cost   # Cards to sell
Cub Scout 5-day Day Camp in your community   $100   80
Cub Scout Resident Camp at Little Sioux Scout Ranch   $125   80
Boy Scout Resident Camp at Camp Cedars   $300   180
Tri- State High Adventure Base   $350   220

*Camp Card Incentives are not cumulative Scouts must register as normal for these camps. If they earn a camp after registering, the Mid-America Council will refund the Scout any payment made toward camp. Free camps are non-transferrable and have no monetary value. Scouts wanting free camp must turn in appropriate paperwork to have any fees waived.

My son wants to sell, but no one else in our troop/pack does – what do I do?
Sign up your son under his pack or troop. Pick up the cards at the Scout office, and make sure to tell the rest of your unit how great they are selling, and maybe some more Scouts will want to sell too!

Can I use the free camp for myself?
No, camps are only allowed for the Scout that sold the cards – not redeemable for an Adult or sibling at camp. But how your unit spends the commission is up to them. They may decided to help the adult leaders with camp.

Do I have to pay for the cards upfront?
No. You will only have to pay for the cards that are not returned or damaged. This payment will happen when you turn in before May 12, 2017. Units will make 50% commission on each card sold.

How much commission can I make?
Each unit will make 50% commission. That’s $2.50 for each card sold.

How do I get my commission?
No money is due upfront, so when you sell the cards, you will keep your $2.50 commission of each card sold.

Can I save this free camp and use it next year?
No, camp scholarships (free camp) must be used this year.

What if I run out of cards?
You can check out more cards! Bring in the money for the cards you have already sold, and we will issue you more cards if they are available. This can all be done at Scouter Services.

Who do I call if I have questions about camp cards?
You can call your district executive or you can call the council office and talk to Kathy Jurey or Janelle Ehlers, 402.431.9272.

Is there a return policy?
Return Policy Returns of unsold cards will be accepted until May 12 with the following conditions:

  • A unit may return up to 25% of their order.
  • Any additional returns after 25% will be charged a $0.50 per card restocking fee.
  • The cards must be complete, with no tabs removed.
  • Returns after May 12 will not be accepted and the unit will be financially responsible.
The Mid-America Council reserves the right to refuse product that has been damaged or rendered unsalable. The UNIT is RESPONSIBLE for ANY unreturned cards (lost, misplaced, damaged, etc.) Be sure Scouts and parents treat each card as if it were a $5.00 bill.

      Sign up for our Newsletter
Contact Webmaster  |  Powered By Wave Interactive