Some of the Tour and Activity Plan enhancements include the following:
- The Council only reviews submitted plans and offers support and guidance, it is not an approval process
- Email notification is sent to Council, Chartered Organization, Committee Chair, Unit Leader, and emergency contact to let them know that a plan has been submitted.
- There are links to current program-required training and education.
- System prompts and warnings are included to ensure a unit meets requirements to hold a Tour and Activity Plan
- You will be able to review and fix any deficiencies flagged by the system prior to submitting the plan.
- You can store, retrieve, copy, and reuse completed tour and activity plans.
- Functionality allows you to upload files such as trekking plans and flight plans.
- Unit volunteers who currently have access to the tour and activity plan will be able to view and update all plans submitted for their unit up to the day before the scheduled plan date.
- There will be leader certification of the plan prior to submission.
- You can print a tour and activity plan summary at the end of your submission. Copies can be made if needed for your unit, emergency contact, parents, etc.
A new online Tour and Activity Plan (tour permit) with a flexible interactive planning tool is being developed and will be released May 1st! Units will no longer need Council approval as the new system will allow for units to walk through and verify they have all they need to have a valid Tour and Activity Plan in hand.
The tour and activity plan is a planning tool for best practices to be prepared for a safe and fun adventure. It can help ensure that appropriate planning has been conducted, that qualified and trained leadership is in place, and that the right equipment is available for the adventure. In addition, the plan helps to organize safe and appropriate transportation to and from an event, and defines driver qualifications and minimum limits of insurance coverage for drivers and vehicles used to transport participants.
If you completed a tour plan prior to May 1st, it will still be valid. All other paper versions will be obsolete beginning May 1st.
For a tour of the new Tour and Activity Plan, watch the interactive video now.
To begin, log on to www.MyScouting.org and enter your user name and password. Choose "Unit Tool" for the Tour and Activity Plan home page, where you can create a new plan. Fill in the requested information and the required prerequisites for that type of trip or activity will be displayed. The person completing the form will certify that all prerequisites (i.e. not having someone on a trip that has the required Hazardous Weather training) will be met prior to conducting the trip or activity. Once submitted, an email notification will be sent to the Council, chartered organization, committee chair, unit leader, and emergency contact to let them know that a plan has been submitted (just make sure all unit contact information is up-to-date). Receivers of this notification can log in to MyScouting.org and review the plan.
Use this Tour Planning Worksheet and the Tour Plan only if your unit does not have access to the internet. The completed paper version is to be submitted to the Council at least 21 days in advance to ensure enough time to review the plan and assist as necessary. Please note if you submit the paper version, it will not be available online for your unit to review, change, or re-use later.
Flying Plan Application
Activity Consent Form and Approval by Parents or Guardian
Tour and Activity Plan FAQs
For more information please contact the Durham Scout Center at 402.431.9272.