As a Scout parent you are eligible to earn one free admission for you and your Scout to one day or overnight cub camp if you donate your time as a volunteer staff member at a Cub Scout camp other than the camp your Scout attends.
Follow these steps to earn a free camp for you and your Cub Scout!
- Watch the camp staff training video prior to signing up or volunteering at a Cub Camp in 2012.
- Sign up online to work & for your free camp, by completing the volunteer agreement.
- Print the online form and save so you can have it signed by the Camp Director when you're done working the camp.
- Complete your volunteer time consisting of:
- At least eight (8) consecutive hours at a day camp in 2012
- Or a minimum of 16 hours at any one-night overnight camp.
- Note: You may not required to spend the night at an overnight camp, this is at the discretion of the specific Camp Director
- If not required to spend the night, 16 hours can be achieved by volunteering for two (2) - eight (8) consecutive hour days.
- After you are finished working the camp, turn in your completed/signed form to the Mid-America Council via mail, email or fax at:
Once have completed these steps, you will receive one free admission for you and your Scout to any Cub Camp in 2012 (or 2012) of equal or lesser value (excluding Webelos and some themed camps). Free admission includes the camp admission costs for one youth and one adult as well as meals and program supplies as offered at camp.
This incentive is subject to the following:
- This incentive does not include Boy Scout Camps, and applies to only Cub Scout Day Camps, Cub Scout Overnight Camps and some Theme Camps within the MAC-BSA.
- The one free admission for you and your Scout is based on your participation as a volunteer for a camp of "like-kind and amount of time." For example, if you complete 8 volunteer hours at a Day Camp, you would earn your reward for a comparable one-day Day Camp. Your Scout and siblings may not attend the camp in which you are volunteering, unless they attend camp with another parent or adult partner (21 or older).
- There will be no substitutions such as working a Day Camp and taking a discount on an Overnight Camp. At this time it's "like-kind and amount of time" based.
- MAC-BSA reserves the right to change, limit or cancel any incentive, eligibility or qualification at any time.