The purpose of the council campership program is to make summer camp available to deserving Scouts who could not otherwise afford the attendance
fees. This program is not intended to provide all of the camp fees. Paying a boy’s way to camp is a joint effort of the Troop, the Scout and his
family, and the campership program. Details of the application are confidential. This application MUST be signed by the parent(s) and Scoutmaster
of the Scout requesting the campership.
General Information :: Please read carefully
- All Campership applications must be submitted by March 1 for Boy Scouts and 2 months prior to camp for Cub Scouts.
- All Campership applications must be filled out COMPLETELY and ACCURATELY or they will be returned.
- Any application received without a brief explanation of why it is being requested will be returned so they can be completed; if they are received
a second time without an explanation the Campership will be denied.
- Letters will be sent to the Unit leaders notifying them if a campership was granted and in what amount.
- All youth using council facilities whether for short-term overnight or long-term summer camp periods are already subsidized, in part, by the
council's yearly operating budget which pays for taxes, year-round camp rangers, maintenance, liability insurance, heat, light, etc. The community
through United Way allocations, Friends of Scouting, popcorn sales, trust fund income and Campership donations pays this cost.
- No more than 1/3 of the total attendance fee will be granted. Special hardship requests require discussion with the Campership Committee and
the Council Camping Director.
- All applications are reviewed and approved or disapproved by the Council Campership Committee. This committee is made up of volunteers from
throughout the Mid-America Council.
- Applications are accepted on an annual request only. A campership cannot be transferred to another camping season or to another registered Scout.
- A Scout, who is awarded a campership, but does not attend summer camp, forfeits the campership.
- Camperships are not granted to adults.
- The remainder of the camp fee must be paid prior to attending Camp.
- Camperships are issued only for Mid-America Council camps to Scouts registered in the Mid-America Council.
- Scouts from units that conduct a FOS campaign and participate in popcorn sales will receive first preference.