Cub Scout Day at the Omaha Symphony is designed to provide an opportunity for Cub Scouts to earn both their Music Belt Loop and Music Pin through the live concert experience, a workshop with Omaha Symphony staff and musicians, and a little work at home.
Scouts should also attend in uniform. Workshop is provided at no cost! However, Scouts and chaperones must purchase tickets to "Mozart's Missing Memory" in order to participate.
Requirements to be done at home PRIOR to Cub Scout Day
Cubs must complete ONE of the following requirements PRIOR to attending the workshop (Cub Scouts should BRING THE FINISHED PRODUCT with them on the day of the event if possible):
- Make a musical instrument and play it for your family, den, or pack
- Create an original melody and/or original words for a song.
- Using a tape recorder, capture natural sounds of the environment or record songs you create, and use your recording as a soundtrack for a short skit or as background for a movement activity.
- Take voice or dance lessons or learn to play an instrument.
- Create movements to a piece of music without words to demonstrate the moods of the music: happy, sad, calm, excited, playful, inspired.
Schedule of Events:
- 1:15 p.m. Lobby Activities at the Holland: Hand-made Instrument making
- 2:00 p.m. Omaha Symphony Family Concert : Mozart's Missing Memory Holland Performing Arts Center, 13 th and Douglas Streets
- 3:15 p.m. Workshop begins. Lobbies, Holland Performing Arts Center
- 4:00 p.m. Pizza Dinner
- 4:30 p.m. Take your Cub Scout home.
To Register & Purchase Tickets:
Download and complete a reservation form. Completed forms should be mailed, emailed, or faxed to Brannon Fells
Omaha Symphony Education Coordinator
1605 Howard Street Omaha, NE 68102
Ticket Form | Flyer