The BSA has a Mandatory Reporting policy which states that registered leaders must report any suspected child abuse and/or violation of the BSA Youth protection Policy.
Scouting has a few barriers to abuse, and violation of these barriers requires reporting to our local Council: 402.431.9272 (402.431.9BSA).
- Two-deep leadership on all outings required
- One on-one contact between adults and youth members prohibited
- Separate accommodations for adults and Scouts required
- Privacy of youth respected
- Inappropriate use of cameras, imaging, or digital devices prohibited
BSA Youth Protection Policy
Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse
Scouting's Barriers to Abuse