YOUR GIFT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
More than 9,000 youth from Nebraska, Iowa and South Dakota take part in the once-in-a-lifetime adventures and character-building programs that can only be found in Scouting. In doing so, they discover skills they never knew they had and develop into the leaders we’ll need in the years to come.
Last year, the 236 Scouts who earned their Eagle rank gave 17,621 hours back to our community in service. Thousands of Scouts also came together to collect 276,012 non-perishables to feed the hungry. Scouts are more likely than non-Scouts to graduate from high school and to stay away from drugs.
Scouting makes a dramatic, positive impact on our youth, our families, and our communities, but it won’t happen without your support.
Your financial Investment in Character provides trained leaders, program materials, camping facilities, and insurance for safe and fun experiences. The annual Investment in Character campaign provides 15% of our Council’s budget. It is because of the generosity of our Scouting families and community supporters that the amazing benefits of Scouting are possible.
YOUR GIFT TO THE INVESTMENT IN CHARACTER CAMPAIGN ENSURES:
- Every youth in the Mid-America Council can be a Scout, no matter their economic circumstance
- First-class camping programs for youth at Camp Cedars & Little Sioux Scout Ranch.
- Support and training for more than 4,000 volunteer leaders that make the Scouting program possible
- Materials and program development for the exciting, once-in-a-lifetime experiences that can only be found in Scouting
- A safe and fun Scouting experience with insurance for Scouting activities
HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT THE INVESTMENT IN CHARACTER CAMPAIGN
The campaign’s success is vital to the success of the Scouting program in the Mid-America Council. You can make an Investment in Character by clicking here to make a gift today.
We hope you will join us in supporting the Investment in Character Campaign. Your support is needed and greatly appreciated.