The Mid-America Council is excited to announce a new way for families to pay for Scouting! In addition to the traditional payment model, in which families pay for an entire year of Scouting up-front at charter renewal, the council is now offering a monthly subscription model. Click the links below to find out more.
BSA Fee Chart
Online Registration for New Scouts – Click here to get signed up for Scouting. Up-front payment and monthly subscription options available.
Membership Information and Payment Form for New Scouts– Hard copy to provide details and collect payment when turning in a paper application
Subscription Information – Parent FAQ – Updated 3/29/2021
Subscription Information – Unit Leader FAQ – Updated 3/29/2021
Subscription Enrollment for Current Scouts – Click here to get a current Scout signed up for the 2022 Membership Subscription plan.
New Scout Financial Assistance Form
Existing Scout Financial Assistance Form
Healthy Blue Fee Coverage – Nebraska Residents Only
The benefit for Boy Scouts is $40, which includes a subscription to Boy’s Life Magazine if you choose.
The benefit is for Healthy Blue members between the ages of 5-18. It is an annual benefit used once a year for either for a Scout membership OR a 4-H membership.
To receive the gift card towards the cost of membership, members need to create a User ID and Password (per member) online at www.healthybluene.com. Once you have logged in, you can access the Scout benefit in the “additional benefits” section. Eligible members will show either redeem or request as an option, ineligible members will show learn more.
For questions, please contact:
1. Member service number on the back of ID cards
2. Melinda (Mindy) Spray / Community Relations Specialist II at 402-750-0458 or Melinda.firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Call the welcome centers on the brochure above and speak to Tina
Your Unit’s New Member Coordinator
It is important to identify a dedicated person to spearhead your recruitment campaign. This person focuses on inviting new members to join and engaging their families so that they feel welcomed and want to stay! New Member Coordinator Resources.
Your Unit’s Recruitment Efforts
Keep in mind it will take numerous touchpoints before prospective families will truly hear your message! Simply passing out flyers is not enough! Look for a variety of ways you can potentially reach your target audience here!
- Membership Supply Order Form
- Be sure to capture contact information at EVERY possible opportunity to assist in follow up with interested families – Adult Participation Form
- Have plenty of youth applications as well as adult applications on hand. Be leary of emailing a completed adult application as it contains sensitive information such as driver’s license and social security number. Instead utilize the Scouter Services drop box outside the Durham Scout Shop or coordinate application turn in with your District Executive.