Individual challenges can be completed in any order desired.
All of the individual challenges also require the following to be completed:
- Participate in a Unit or individual service project to benefit Camp Cedars while at camp
- Participate in NBZ weekly Team Activity
Basic Scout Skills Challenge (Maroon)
- Complete Kit Fox program or participate in First Aid and Swimming merit badges while at current Summer Camp session
- Successfully tie a) clove hitch, b) two half hitches, c) square knot, d) taut line, e) timber hitch, f) bowline, & g) sheet bend knots.
- Successfully complete brief written quiz on flag etiquette, fire safety and orienteering
Handicraft Challenge (Purple)
- Complete one of the following Handicraft MBs at current Summer Camp Session (Art, Basketry, Leatherwork, Painting, Pottery, Sculpture, Wood Carving)
- Complete a craft, other than required for your designated MB, during an open Handicraft program
Nature Challenge (Green)
- Complete one of the following Nature MBs at current Summer Camp Session (Archeology, Astronomy, Environmental Science, Fishing, Geology/Mining, Nature/Forestry, Oceanography, Plant Science, Sustainability)
- Catch a fish (if not taking Fishing MB) or identify 5 native plants and 5 signs of native wildlife
Health Challenge (Yellow)
- Complete one of the following Health MBs at current Summer Camp Session (Emergency Preparedness, Lifesaving, Fire Safety, First Aid)
- Complete CPR Skills at current Summer Camp Session and provide a comprehensive list of items for a personal first aid kit
- Be able to describe the proper First Aid response to 4 of these 6 (shock, heatstroke, hurry up bleeding, choking, frostbite, or identify the five signs of a heart attack)
Pool Challenge (Light Blue)
- Complete the Swimming MB at the current Summer Camp. (Alternatively, credit for this requirement may be obtained if the Individual completed the Swimming MB outside of summer camp or as part of a previous summer camp session.)
- Participate in at least one of the following pool programs during the current summer camp session (Mile Swim, CPR Skills, Snorkeling BSA)
Lake Challenge (Blue)
- Complete two of the following Lakefront programs or merit badges. One may be carried over from a previous summer camp session but at least one must be completed in the current summer camp session (Canoeing MB, Rowing MB, Kayaking MB, Stand-up Paddle Boarding
Outdoor Skills Challenge (Orange)
- Complete one of the following Outdoor skills MBs at current Summer Camp Session (Geocaching, Pioneering, Search & Rescue, Camping/Backpacking,)
- Collect materials, light a fire using flint and steel and keep fire burning long enough to burn through a suspended string of jute rope
Equestrian Challenge (Brown)
- Individual must have completed the Horsemanship MB outside of summer camp or as part of a previous summer camp session.
- Complete one of the following equestrian activities: Advance Horsemanship, English Riding, Trail Ride or Medieval Jousting
Shooting Sports Challenge (White)
- Complete one of the following Shooting Sports MBs at the current summer camp session (Rifle Shooting, Shotgun Shooting, Archery)
- Participate in Hunter Safety program, Cowboy Action Shoot or Chalk ball program during your week at camp
Tower Challenge (Pink)
- Individual must have completed the Climbing MB outside of summer camp or as part of a previous summer camp session.
- Complete the Advance Climbing program
C.O.P.E./ Teamwork Challenge (Red)
- Individual must have completed C.O.P.E. at the current summer camp session or as part of a previous summer camp session.
- Complete Advance C.O.P.E.
Advance Activities and S.T.E.M. Challenge (Black)
- Complete in one of the following activities or MBs: ATV Safety, Operation Eagle, Game Design/Inventing MB, Radio MB, Space Exploration MB, Aviation MB
- Must have completed requirements for Eagle Rank