Goals For Service Hours
Each pack, troop and crew is encouraged to participate in service projects, with one benefiting your chartering organization. Bronze, Silver and Gold levels can be attained for all. Hours must be logged on the JTE service hours system for credit.
How to Log Your Hours
You can enter your service hours here.
- Look for the “Service Project” area of the screen. There you can find the link to log your hours, information for first time users and ideas and tips for a successful service project.
- To enter your service hours click on “service hours website” link.
- Choose “New User Click Here” or enter in your existing username and password.
- Get Your Unit ID Number to log your hours and to print your recognition certificate to present at your next meeting.
Have a MyScouting account? You can also reach the Journey to Excellence service hour website by clicking on the Journey to Excellence Information link on the left side of the screen in the “Council Tools” section. Once you click the link you will be directed to https://scoutnet.scouting.org/gtfa/ui/security/login.aspx and can follow the same procedures as listed above.
Questions? Please contact Scouter Services at 402.431.9BSA (402.431.9272). Visit www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Awards/JourneyToExcellence.aspx.
The Boy Scouts of America, Adopt a School program, is a way for boys to give back to their elementary schools. Each quarter, the boys and their leaders conduct a service project benefiting their school. These projects are based on the needs of the school, which may consist of grounds beautification, building improvements, teacher appreciation, clean-up before or after school events, and help during festivals/carnivals. Read More
Adopt-A-Lot Volunteers Needed
Habitat for Humanity of Omaha has been building affordable housing for low income families since 1984. With more than 100 house sites waiting for families to arrive, Habitat for Humanity of Omaha has a lot of land to care for. We’re asking for your help to make sure these properties look shipshape all year long. Read More
Community Service Opportunities
The following are a few organizations or resources:
- Green Bellevue or contact Julie McNally 402.208.8597 for more information.
- National Safety Council, Nebraska or contact Danielle Knudson at 402.898.7353 for more information about service or Eagle projects
- City of Omaha Parks & Recreation or call 402.444.5955 for more information.
- Omaha’s Freedom Park – General Service Projects or Eagle projects – See pictures on Facebook and get involved by contacting Bill Lee at email@example.com or 520.668.7419 for more information.
- ALLPLAY Miracle League Baseball League or contact Brad Prall at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Eastern Nebraska Office of Aging
- Ronald McDonald House Omaha or contact Paul at 402.346.9377 for more information.
- Habitat for Humanity Omaha or call 402.457.5657 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Keep Omaha Beautiful or contact Cindy Smiley at 402.444.7774 for more information.
If you are a non-profit organization seeking volunteers and would like to be added to our Service Opportunities list, please 402.431.9BSA (402.431.9272).