Scouting can take place anywhere – even in the comfort of your home!
The Mid-America Council has set up this page to serve as a resource hub for parents and leaders to help support Scouting at home, with stay-at-home educational activities for any Scout rank, tips for continuing to work on advancements and kid-friendly content that connects Scouting with their daily lives. Our goal is to make it easier to deliver the Scouting program by making plans more accessible to Leaders and those who can help Leaders like our parents.
Check back often as we will continue to add new content and resources to this hub regularly.
Visit the events calendar page for the latest updates on Council events.
Don’t forget about our council shoulder strip contest! Rules can be found here: Council Shoulder Strip Contest Rules
Click here to download a list of FAQs & answers on the continuation of rank advancements during this time.
- How to Conduct a Board of Review Through Videoconferencing
- Virtual Scout Meeting 101
- Zoom Virtual Meeting Instructions
- Google Hangout Meeting Instructions
- Acts of Service You Can Do From Home
- Download Boys’ Life App to Read A Whole Year FREE!
- Scout Share
- Omaha Zoo from Home
- 20 Virtual Field Trips
- 25 Fun Projects To Do With Stuff Around the House
- Merit Badges for Social Distancing
- Virtual Museum Tours
- Nebraska Bird Library
- Project Beak – Bird Education & Awareness
- Nebraska Game & Park Lesson Plans
- Sandhill Crane Livestream
For more resources, check out National BSA’s Scouting at Home page here.