The Mid-America Council will be offering Merit Badge programs ONLINE to Scouts starting back up in early September.
December Merit Badge Offerings
Resources for Online Merit Badge Series
- How to get your Blue Card
- Link to Registration to access Blue Card
- Unit Leaders: Who participated in what Merit Badge Spring 2020 or Fall 2020
- Requirements not completed online: Spring 2020 or Fall 2020
- Submit Completed Requirements: Spring 2020 or Fall 2020
- Merit Badge Requirements & Workbooks
Here is a list of ideas along with Merit Badge suggestions for continuing Troop meetings and rank advancement during this time.
- Conduct virtual Patrol Leaders Council meetings via teleconference or web video conferencing. NOTE: Ensure to maintain two-deep leadership throughout the virtual meeting.
- Encourage Patrol Leaders to communicate digitally with their patrol members.
- Conduct online merit badge counselor meetings using web video conferencing tools such as Google Hangouts, Zoom, Skype, FreeConference or Facebook. (NOTE: Ensure to maintain two-deep leadership throughout the virtual meeting.) NOTE completing a worksheet and emailing it does not constitute a “virtual discussion”, rather use interactive video or phone conversations.
Merit Badges that can be completed at home include:
- Family Life
- Personal Management
- Personal Fitness
- American Heritage
- Emergency Preparedness
- Public Health
- Citizenship in Community
- Citizenship in Nation
- Citizenship in the World